Chords of A
1. A-La Major: Root, major third, minor third: these are the three notes that construct A major chord in this order. The notes of this standard major chord, from lowest to highest on the guitar, are A, E, A, C#, and E.
2. Am – La Minor: In music theory, a minor chord is built from the notes A, C, and E (root, minor third, major third). The basic minor chord on the guitar is written from the bass up as A-E-A-C-E.
3. A+ La Major Increased: The fifth note of an A Major chord is raised to create an A augmented chord (A+). These notes are A, C#, and E#.
Here Are 16 Ways To Play The A Chord
If you visited for the Chords of A, here are some A chord diagrams display you need to see.
- A La major
- Am La minor
- A+ La major augmented
- A# La-sharp major
- Amaj7 7th major chord from La
- Asus4 La major in quart rather than thirds
- A6 Major 6th chord from the key of La
- Am6 minor 6th chord from La
- A7 Dominant 7th chord (Major 7th chord) from La
- Am7 Minor 7th chord from La.
- A#7 Dominant 7th chord (Major 7th chord) from La-sharp
- Adim7 7th chord from La – Reduced
- A7sus4 7th chord with quart from La – Major
- A 7/6 from La – Major
- A9 Nonchord from La – Major
- Am9 Nonchord from La – (Minor)
Understand The Chords of A Easly
The A is a major and it has 7 notes. What this means is that there are 7 chords in the A key. The A chords have a major-minor pattern, as it is with the chords of any major key.
The A major scale has 7 notes, each with a corresponding scale degree:
- Degree: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1(octave)
- Note: A B C# D E F# G# A
One of the important things to note when learning about the major keys is that the tones in a major key follow this sequence:
whole tone, whole tone, half tone, whole tone, whole tone, whole tone, half-tone
What this means is that there’s a half tone in the third and seventh places in the scale, while the other places have whole tones. All major keys follow this pattern.
This means that the scale of the key of A is made up of the notes A, B, C#, D, E, F#, and G#.
Although the A major is not quite as popular in classical music history as keys like the D and G, it certainly has its own place. It is considered to be the simplest key for violins and has the reputation of being the key with the fullest sound. The A key is an easy key to play in guitars and also quite easy to sing in. There is an emotional quality to the key of A that makes it popular in certain songs.